Beamsville

by John MacFarlane and Leigh Cossey 2018

Beamsville

HMCS Beamsville (Official RCN Photo Beamsville_E–6489–2_DHH.jpg.)

The Beamsville (ON 820147) was built in 1944 by Russel Bros. at Owen Sound ON. She was 11.35m x 3.23m x 1.65m (40.0’ x 10.5&rsquo x 4.8&rsquo) with a steel hull 8.86gt 6.65rt. She was powered with 1–150bhp diesel engine by Cummins Engine Co., Columbus IL USA.

In 1944–1989 she was owned by the Royal Canadian Navy. In 2001–2003 she was owned by Thomas H. Wilson, Dawsons Landing BC. In 2011–2013 she was owned by Earl M. Guilbride, Nanaimo BC. In 2013–2019 she was owned by Marcel Therieault, Tofino BC.

She was delivered by rail to Vancouver. She was laid up until 1960 and was the longest serving auxiliary vessel in the West Coast Auxiliary Fleet. She was the last of the 1st generation Ville–class tugs at Esquimalt BC.



To quote from this article please cite:

MacFarlane, John and Leigh Cossey (2018) Beamsville. Nauticapedia.ca 2018. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Beamsville.php

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: Aug 28th, 2018

Databases have been updated and are now holding 55,238 vessel histories (with 5,108 images) and 58,142 mariner biographies (with 3,618 images).


© 2002-2018