Brockton Point Light

by Captain Alec Provan and John MacFarlane 2016

Brockton Point

Brockton Point Light (Photo from the Captain Alec Provan collection. )

Brockton Point Light is located on the East point of Stanley Park, W side of Vancouver Harbour, New Westminster Land District. Automated in 1958 it is a square prism tower with balcony and lantern atop an arched basement.

Brockton Point was named in 1859 by Captain Richards, RN, after Francis Brockton, Chief Engineer under Richards on HM surveying vessel Plumper. The Nme was adopted 7 December 1937 on C.3433, as labelled on British Admiralty Chart 1922, 1860 et seq.

References: http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/bcgnws/names/1116.html; BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brockton_Point;


;

To quote from this article please cite:

Provan, Captain Alec and John MacFarlane (2016) Brockton Point Light. Nauticapedia.ca 2016. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Light_Brockton_Pt.php; https://www.notmar.gc.ca/list-livre-en.php;

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: May 24th, 2018

Databases have been updated and are now holding 53,605 vessel histories (with 4,946 images) and 57,935 mariner biographies (with 3,460 images).


© 2002-2018