Pine Island Light

by Captain Alec Provan and John MacFarlane 2016

Pine Island Light

Pine Island Light (Photo from the Captain Alec Provan collection. )

Pine Island Light, built in 1907, is located North of Nigei Island, NW of the Buckle Group, Range 1, Coast Land District.

The Pine Island Racon (M) X & S Band is located on the SW point of the island. It is a White cylindrical tower exhibiting Flash 0.2 s; eclipse 9.8 s. Year round. Chart:3549.

Keepers: Arthur Broughton Gurney (1907–1912), Donald Bertram McPhee (1913–1919), Percival C. Pike (1919–1933), Howard Frazer Chamberlin (1933–1936), George Leslie Smith (1936–1941), Arthur Ernest Kelly (1941–1945), Jim Thomson (1945–1952), A. Swanson (1952–1956), R. Roberts (1956–1957), Rex Pendril Brown (1957–1966), Ralph W. Emerich (1967–1969), William McIlroy (1969); Ken Nelson (1969–1973), Ralph W. Emerich (1972–1977), Gerald D. Watson (1977–1979), Alan Bablitz (1979–1981), Doug Fraser (1981–1992), Dan McMurray (1992–2002), Richard Wood (2002–2014), Barney P. Hynes (2014–present 2016).

References: https://www.notmar.gc.ca/publications/list-livre/pac/p5692-en.php; http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/bcgnws/names/26497.html; http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=1192;



To quote from this article please cite:

Provan, Captain Alec and MacFarlane, John M. (2016) Pine Island Light. Nauticapedia.ca 2016. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Light_Pine_Island.php

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: May 13th, 2017

Databases have been updated and are now holding 49,765 vessel histories (with 4188 images) and 57,500 mariner biographies (with 3397 images).


© 2002-2017