The Monument to Captain Harry Ormiston and the C.G.S. Estevan

by John M. MacFarlane 2017

Plaque monument

The monument plaque to C.G.S. Estevan (Photo from the John MacFarlane collection.)

On the seawall at the Inner Harbour of Victoria BC there is a plaque commemorating the C.G.S. Estevan and Captain Harry Ormiston.

In 1913 the C.G.S. Estevan was built as a Canadian Government lighthouse tender. 212.0’ x 38.0’ x 15.3’ steel hull 1161gt 607rt. She was powered by a 1500bhp Steam engine (12.5 kts).

CGS Estevan

The C.G.S. Estevan (Photo from the Nauticapedia collection.)

In 1913–1961 she was owned by The Minister of Transport, Ottawa ON.

CGS Estevan

The C.G.S. Estevan (Photo from the Nauticapedia collection.)



To quote from this article please cite:

MacFarlane, John M. (2017) The Monument to Captain Harry Ormiston and the C.G.S. Estevan Nauticapedia.ca 2017. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Monument_Estevan.php

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: November 13th, 2017

Databases have been updated and are now holding 50,543 vessel histories (with 4,571 images) and 57,599 mariner biographies (with 3,482 images).


© 2002-2017