The Prince William (ex–S.M.S. M–10; ex–Aktion)

by John MacFarlane 2015

Prince William

Aktion (Photo from the Nauticapedia collection. )

In 1915 she was built for the Imperial German Nay as the minelayer S.M.S. M–10. In 1918, at the surrender of the German Grand Fleet, at the end of the First World War she was renamed as the Aktion and in 1919 passed into private ownership.

She was transferred to Canadian Registry (ON 155164). In 1930 she arrived in Prince Rupert BC and was converted to a passenger vessel to supplement passenger service between Prince Rupert BC and the Queen Charlotte Islands. In 1930–1939 she was owned by Captain Paul Armour, Prince Rupert BC. She was broken up in Prince Rupert BC.



To quote from this article please cite:

MacFarlane, John M. (2015) The Prince William (ex–S.M.S. M–10; ex–Aktion). Nauticapedia.ca 2015. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Prince_William.php

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: July 8th, 2017

Databases have been updated and are now holding 50,143 vessel histories (with 4319 images) and 57,540 mariner biographies (with 3421 images).


© 2002-2017