Pacific Nautical Heritage...
- Gallery of Light and Buoy Images
- Gallery of Mariners
- Gallery of Ship Images
- Gallery of Monuments and Statues
- Gallery of Nautical Images
- Gallery of New Books
Canadian Naval Topics…
- British Columbia Heritage
- Arctic and Northern Nautical Heritage
- Western Canada Boat and Ship Builders
- Gallery of Arctic Images
- Reflections on Nautical Heritage
- Nauticapedia Publications
Looking for more? Search for Articles on the Nauticapedia Site.
Point Wilson Light House
The lighthouse was built in 1914, and the original lighthouse continued as the keepers' dwelling minus its tower. The new lighthouse feature a 49-foot tower built in an octagonal shape to reduce wind pressure. The light still shines from a fourth-order Fresnel lens, a white light on for 15 seconds, then off 5 seconds, with one red flash during the occultation. The light was automated in 1976.
New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!
Volume Four in series
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four
For more information …
Site News: Feb 26th, 2017
Databases have been updated and are now holding 49,563 vessel histories (with 3964 images) and 57,418 mariner biographies (with 3346 images).