Point Wilson Light House

Point Wilson Light House

The lighthouse was built in 1914, and the original lighthouse continued as the keepers' dwelling minus its tower. The new lighthouse feature a 49-foot tower built in an octagonal shape to reduce wind pressure. The light still shines from a fourth-order Fresnel lens, a white light on for 15 seconds, then off 5 seconds, with one red flash during the occultation. The light was automated in 1976.

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: March2nd, 2019

Databases have been updated and are now holding 56,584 vessel histories (with 5,550 images) and 58,184 mariner biographies (with 3,673 images).


© 2002-2019