The Tug Shawville

by John MacFarlane and Leigh Cossey 2018

Shawville

The Tug Shawville (Photo from Unknown Source.)

The Shawville (ON 179060) was built in 1944 by Russel Bros. Ltd. at Owen Sound ON. She was renamed as N.H.B.V. Patrol No. 1 and later as Brockton II. She was 11.28m x 3.26m x 1.13m (37.0’ x 10.7’ x 3.7’) with a steel hull 12.08gt 8.21rt. She was powered by a 1–120bhp diesel engine by Cummins Engine Co., Columbus IL USA.

In 1944 she was a Ville–class tug owned by the Royal Canadian Navy. In 1946–1986 she was owned by National Harbours Board, Ottawa ON. In 1987–1992 she was owned by Vancouver Port Corporation, Vancouver BC. In 1993–2004 she was owned by Leslie R. Koroluk, Terrace BC. In 2011–2018 she was owned by Burke Channel Enterprises Ltd., and Leslie R. Koroluk, Terrace BC.

She was employed by the RCN as a tug at Quebec QC. In 2018 she was a derelict beached at Bella Coola BC. It is unknow how long she has been on the beach or the circumstances of how she ended up there.

Shawville

The tug ex–Shawville Photo taken at Bella Coola BC October 12, 2018. (Photo from the Leigh Cossey collection.)

Shawville

The tug ex–Shawville Photo taken at Bella Coola BC October 12, 2018. (Photo from the Leigh Cossey collection.)



To quote from this article please cite:

MacFarlane, John and Leigh Cossey (2018) The Tug Shawville. Nauticapedia.ca 2018. http://nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Shawville.php

New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!

Volume Four in series

The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four

Book — British Columbia's Floating Heritage
For more information …

Site News: Aug 28th, 2018

Databases have been updated and are now holding 55,238 vessel histories (with 5,108 images) and 58,142 mariner biographies (with 3,618 images).


© 2002-2018