Pacific Nautical Heritage...
- Gallery of Light and Buoy Images
- Gallery of Mariners
- Gallery of Ship Images
- Gallery of Monuments and Statues
- Gallery of Nautical Images
- Gallery of New Books
Canadian Naval Topics…
- British Columbia Heritage
- Arctic and Northern Nautical Heritage
- Western Canada Boat and Ship Builders
- Gallery of Arctic Images
- Reflections on Nautical Heritage
- Nauticapedia Publications
Looking for more? Search for Articles on the Nauticapedia Site.
Turn Point Light – Stuart Island WA USA
Located on Stuart Island in the San Juan Group of Washington State, this Light was established 11/30/1893 and automated in 1974. It is easily reachable by small craft from the Canadian Gulf Islands as it is located immediately adjacent to the Canadian Border. It is a major navigation landmark for shipping travelling in and out from the Pacific on their way to the port of Vancouver and beyond.
New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!
Volume Four in series
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four
For more information …
Site News: Feb 26th, 2017
Databases have been updated and are now holding 49,563 vessel histories (with 3964 images) and 57,418 mariner biographies (with 3346 images).