Pacific Nautical Heritage...
- Gallery of Light and Buoy Images
- Gallery of Mariners
- Gallery of Ship Images
- Gallery of Monuments and Statues
- Gallery of Nautical Images
- Gallery of New Books
Canadian Naval Topics…
- British Columbia Heritage
- Arctic and Northern Nautical Heritage
- Western Canada Boat and Ship Builders
- Gallery of Arctic Images
- Reflections on Nautical Heritage
- Nauticapedia Publications
Looking for more? Search for Articles on the Nauticapedia Site.
The Heritage Vessels Database
The Vessels Database is a list of vessels and their attributes. The list's primary focus is British Columbia but there are many other vessels included that were built elsewhere or were owned elsewhere. Any vessel with a link to Pacific Canada can be included especially vessels:
- Built-in or owned by Western Canadians;
- Owned by any government agency anywhere in Canada;
- Built-in the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, or Nunavut;
- Successful challengers of the Northwest or Northeast Passages;
- Which have experienced an incident in it's life that occurred in British Columbia.
Although a huge range of diversity is represented in the 35,000 entries many interesting groups of attribute data can be tracked. The chart below will indicate the current levels of content and growth of the database.
|Air Force vessels||126||131|
|Canadian naval vessels||2,775||2,839|
|Vessels powered paddlewheel||392||545|
|Vessels powered by sail||517||613|
|Vessels owned by AB owners||778||1,138|
|Vessels owned by SK owners||72||88|
|Vessels owned by MB owners||208||300|
|Vessels whose builder is known||8,630||21,565|
|Vessels whose designer is known||426||566|
|Vessels built in AB||0||220|
|Vessels built in MB||0||230|
|Vessels built in NT or YT||0||137|
|Vessels whose engine-type is known.||11,944||20,543|
|Vessels whose engine-builder is known||2,165||2,525|
New Nauticapedia Book Just Published!
Volume Four in series
The Nauticapedia List of British Columbia's Floating Heritage Volume Four
For more information …
Site News: October 15th, 2017
Databases have been updated and are now holding 50,143 vessel histories (with 4,319 images) and 57,540 mariner biographies (with 3,421 images).